About 2023 1 Oz Silver Britannia Coin – Royal Mint UK
The Britannia 1 Oz Silver Coin is produced by the Royal Mint in the United Kingdom. This coin is struck with .999 fineness and its pure silver content weighs 31.1 grams. This coin has a diameter of 38.61 mm and is the favorite choice for UK silver investors. The obverse face of the coin is designed by Jody Clark to depict a side portrait of Her Majesty the Queen. On the reverse face, you will find the classic image of lady Britannia.
The Silver Britannia Coin has a nominal face value of £2. It is minted in The Royal Mint’s plant in Llantrisant, Wales, and is exempt from Capital Gains Tax. This makes the Silver Britannia Coin a special favorite among investors and coin collectors worldwide. The coin has been embellished with four innovative security features which enhance the safety and security of this coin.
- The Silver Britannia Coin is made with 99.9% pure silver and has a weight of 1 troy ounce.
- The obverse face of the coin features the face of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The text engraved alongside reads: “ELIZABETH II”, “D.G.REG.F.D”, and mentions the face value of the coin.
- The reverse face features Lady Britannia wearing a flowing gown with a trident in one hand, reflecting UK’s naval history.
- Other key features include a padlock, movement of waves, and a depiction of the Union Flag engraved on Lady Britannia’s shield.
- Lady Britannia can also be seen holding an olive branch in one hand, which symbolizes peace and prosperity. These advanced security features included in the coin’s design make it a safer and more secure investment opportunity.
- The text engraved on the coin’s reverse face says “BRITANNIA ‘2023’” and mentions the coin’s weight and silver composition.
- Metal Type: Silver
- Manufacturer: Royal Mint UK
- Actual weight: 1 troy ounce
- Edge design: Reeded
- Composition: .9999 pure gold
- Dimension: 1 mm
- Condition: brilliant uncirculated
Free shipping on all orders above $500
*All products are guaranteed authentic - sourced from the mints and refineries directly